Friday, March 21, 2008

Taking care of Business


Well it was quite a interesting week. I went to the Midwest Venture Capital Summit in Chicago to look for funding for our company. What an interesting group. A good many companies looking for funding and a good amount of venture capital companies examining the companies.My associate and I spoke with and gave presentations to several of the VCs. Some got our concept and expressed interest, and some looked at me as if I was out of my mind and had not a clue of what the virtual metaverse was. This was fun, the looks that I got were hysterical, virtual reality? whats that? said one ederly gentleman. The key note speaker who is a friend of a friend also did not have any idea of what web3D was, he said that so many new things are coming out that I dont know about and this is one of them. He gave $70,000 Dollars to one company as a grant although and I thought that was cool. The VCs that did show interest are still looking into our Business model but I really am starting to believe that we belong on the West Coast as the thinkers are more progressive than the Midwest, oh well the conservative Midwest bankers can stick to the conservative deals and not be part of the internet evolution. We march on. I am getting more excited about the Virtual Worlds Conference that my associates and I are going to April 3 and 4 we will take care of Business at that show as we will be all about monetizing the Virtual Worlds.

No comments: